1) Kill them with kindness. I am a firm believer in kindness leading the path to success. It was so relieving to see that he is determined to do the same. He and his wife and the kindest souls.
2) Pay attention to the details. He runs a small boutique service that is dominated by the attention to detail. When I get a little lazy and think someone won't notice I think of Steve. Because from what we all love about his aesthetic... it truly is all in the details.
3) Your team matters. Steve surrounds himself with likeminded ambitious people. That are driven, kind, pay attention to detail and have his vision at the forefront of all things they do. It's so obvious and addicting.
4) Stay driven. Even if it makes his vendor uncomfortable, he demands excellency. He humbly discusses requesting tasks done over, and over again to nauseam, to make sure the vision is accomplished. I have to imagine it drives people crazy, but I know why... the perfection matters. And let's all admit that it makes a difference.
5) Mistakes happen. Let's get super real, everyone loves seeing someone else deal with difficult times. Not because you want to watch the train wreck, but because it allows someone to be relatable. Be flexible and allow option B to run as smoothly as option A.